Friday, February 15, 2013

The First:

I suppose I should start with an introduction...

I am Traci Vermillion, which is my pen name. I've been an avid reader since the age of thirteen. Harlequin Romance novels are what held my attention, but that led to reading many great works of literature. I lived in the library, and librarians were my teachers. I had many who got to know me, and would recommend the books they liked best. I have very eclectic tastes thanks to them.

I thought I'd blog about my journey along the road, of hopefully becoming a published author. I've tried to write a few along the way, but nothing ever stuck. I think I just needed more life experience.

This blog is to get my head in the game. I'm very nearly finished with a 100,000 word novel, and I know nothing of the industry. I'm hoping this will help me keep up with what goes on in the literary world, in the hopes of completing my goals of finding an agent, and selling.

My current work in progress is going great; I think anyway. :) it started with a dream. Like most dreams, this one featured myself, and my husband. It was so real that I woke up confused that it didn't actually happen. I'm the type that lives in my head; I daydream A LOT, and I started playing what if. I created a Heroine (other than myself) and started adding story elements, and more characters. It is now far from the original dream, but I now have these cast of characters living inside my head that I just can't let go of. With the encouragement of friends, I decided to start writing, and am so excited that this time, it all came together.



Short and sweet. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment